Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Picturing My Dreams

I always knew that I loved the camera. Ever since I was little, I loved to take pictures, but as the subject not the photographer. My mom had an amazing camera and took amazing pictures with it... I guess you can say it runs int he family. If you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would always answer, model. As a teenager I tried to force my path in life down that road but as fate would have it, it would steer me in another direction. I decided that sports was way more important and better for my self-esteem (seeing as how I never evolved into a 6ft. Brazilian beauty). Running lead me to Brad, Brad lead me to college, college lead me to teaching, and teaching lead me into motherhood...well Brad helped with that too. And so there I was at home with my little angel. Sure I was busy but not career busy. I found myself with time to dabble in some hobbies I had swept under the rug during my days of studying and lesson planning. As a graduation gift, my mom bought me my very first Canon 40D...in other words the mega beast of photography. I took it out of the box and started shooting. I quickly discovered that being behind the camera was what I really loved. Setting the scene and styling the shoot is where my creativity comes alive. I started out taking pictures of Mayley (she has a photo shoot for every month of her life! LOL) Then I moved on to some friends who allowed me to take photos of them. My dreams have always involved a camera and somehow my path in life has lead me yet again to photography (my mom being part of that path). The next step in my journey is coming up quickly now. I have stumbled upon the opportunity to do some real photo shoots from baby and children to maternity. I am so excited and a little nervous. Excited for the opportunity and to invest in a flash and some editing soft wear, nervous to trust my ability and have confidence in myself. Wish me luck in this part of my journey where my dreams involve pictures and my pictures involve dreams.

*Here are a few of my favorites





































No comments:

Post a Comment