Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Needed that Shower

Sticky with glue, marker smeared fingertips, bits of ribbon and chaos stuck to my clothes. I stood back and smiled. Two months of planning, 3 hours of staging, and 30 minutes left until the guests arrive. I did it! I successfully planned and organized one of my best friends baby shower. It wasn't just any shower, it was epic. There were 50 guests both girls and boys and babies plus family, friends and distant relatives that hadn't been seen in a long time. As tired as I was and hungry, being that I am 12 weeks along, I couldn't help but stand back through the crowd of people that was blurring by me like a ghost in a crowded city, and smile. It was so wonderful to be a huge part of my friends happiness. I have never seen her so happy and overjoyed...well not since right before she got knocked up and we were dancing at a crowded club....LOL Sorry Juiselle but its true :) As 10 PM rolled around and the party simmered down, the gifts were opened, the food eaten and the alcohol running low, I slumped down on the couch and took a huge deep breath, its over! I could not be more happy and honored to have been this beautiful girl's maternity photographer, baby shower thrower, and soon to be newborn photographer. Thanks for the honor, I feel so important :) and special..LOL No I really do though. Anyway, through all this pregnancy, emotional storytelling I am truly happy for this girl and her soon to be baby girl or boy???? I did get a shower by the way.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Baby showers are A LOT of work! So kudos to you for doing it while pregnant. Cant wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I hope someone took some! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great friend. And the shower was beautiful. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete