Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lainey Bug

can't believe that my little Lainey Bug is already one years old! If flew by! I don't ever remember Mayley's first year going by like that. I guess having two children seems to make everything speed up.

On May 5th, 2011 I gave birth to a very calm, quiet and smiling baby girl. She was and still perfect. She slept through the night at two weeks old and still does :) Nursed like a champ, pooped on schedule, snuggled, loved, played, hit mile stones at all the right times and still does. This kid has bee completely different that my first. I always tell all my friends that my first prepared me for anything and everything...and still does! LOL I love having yin and yang around, they balance my life out. 

                                         
And yes I look like that because epidurals have no effect on me and I am forced to give birth all natural! Thank god my total labor and delivery was only three hours!



I was looking forward to Lainey's big first birthday party! (you can read about it in the previous post called CRUSHED) I was so sad that it didn't work out but at least we will get a redo soon :) It will be even more special this time since her and I will celebrate our birthdays together. 
 

We also just had our 1 year check up so here it is: She is 17.4 lbs. and 29 inches long. Apparently she is in the -5% for weight and 50% for height. The Dr. told me I need to start giving her more calories and pediasure as well. She said if she doesn't gain weight in the next month we have to blood work. Honestly, she is fine, she's just small. She eats really well! Oh well I took her advice and I am trying to feed her more and am giving her the pediasure which she likes. Other than she is super healthy. She has three bottom teeth and two on top. She says momma, da da, yeah, ugh oh, waffle, dancin, and screams! She gives high fives, waves hi and by, holds her own sippy cup, crawls up stairs (when she sneaks by me), snuggles the unwilling cat, loves cars, Violet the dog, plays peekaboo, loves music, crayons, and the magna doodle, she plays with her sissy, fights with her sissy, loves to tare paper, eats crap off the floor, loves bath time, loves to scream, enjoys swimming and spending time with her grandparents, 
and is still a snuggle bug. She loves bananas and eggos for breakfast, loves milk, bread, pasta, veggies, fruit and of course sweets. :) She still loves her binki but it doesn't bother me. I will take it away eventually. It calms her down and thats all that matters HA! Oh and she takes about 3-4 steps before she decides to crawl again. And to top it all off! I officially nursed for 1 whole year and had no problem weaning her! I still miss it sometimes but enjoy our snuggle time. 
Overall she has been such a sweetheart and joy to our family! We love her soooo much. I think we will keep her ;)

 

 


 
 





























No comments:

Post a Comment