Monday, April 16, 2012

Super Size My Bra Please

Let's get real ladies! We live in a society (a very confused one) where we have come to think having ginormous boobs that stand up straight like they are saluting a soldier (I am sure they would appreciate that)  and having a tiny stick waste is what is beautiful. GET OVER IT!!!! I am really starting to get annoyed. Not with anyone else in particular, but myself. I guess I can say that I fell into the pressure where I started to view myself as inadequate since I have been blessed with little boobs (actually average in the real boob world). I even put it in my head that my husband didn't like what he saw. Yes, I was acting like that crazy chick who over complicates everything. Yup that's me. But here is how it happened.

Born, raised, participated in athletics from a tot, ran in high school and was very confident in my body image, ran in college and started to get a complex. It wasn't easy being around girls with beautiful muscle tone, girls who had the ability to eat super healthy and girls who were so freaking skinny. From there I worked at Hard Rock (Boob Town), drove home on the freeway everyday looking at huge in your face billboards with but of course...BOOBS! Reality shows took over with lots of boobs, magazines featured boobs, movies star boobs, boob jobs, boobs boobs boobs!!! I was being suffocated by boobs!

Let's not forget how I have had two children and breast fed. Thank you girls for wrecking my chest. xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anyway, I finally did the unthinkable. I asked my husband for a boob job. Oddly enough he said no and told me he loves me the way I am and he would never want me to go through that kind of surgery because he couldn't live without me...What a PRICK right? I mean geez! Ugh seriously I was blessed with a great man. Alright alright, after a few days of whining and realizing he was right I gave up. But here is what I did.

So I was having one of those days where I wanted to throw the kids in a cage and run away, possibly to the beach. 5:00 P.M. rolled around and Brad walked in the door as I quickly shimmied out with a quick hi by love ya! FREEDOM! Off to the mall I went. Oh what joy as I exited  my car not having to unpack the kids, the limo of a stroller and all the SHIT yes shit that goes along with us. What a breeze it was entering the mall empty handed, not getting stuck in the door while people pass by not helping. I even made it all the way to Victoria's Secret with out having to stop at the potty, or pick a Binky up that was tossed, or break up a fight! I entered hearing sweet angels singing to me and bright lights shining down at me sparkling. No really that is how Victoria's Secret is. Casually I grabbed a shopping bag and began tossing in every bra that had lace and sequins and padding and colors. It's totally like an adult candy shop only more expensive...and adds cleavage.

In the dressing room I was tugging and adjusting and just starring. Something is just not right. Was I deformed? Why do these not fit!!?? BZZZZZZZ "Can I help you?" tears begin to well up. "Yes! My kids wrecked my boobs and nothing fits!" "Sweetie, don't worry you are seriously the fourth woman today that has said the same thing, we will figure this out." Now she was an angel! Not only did I leave with three bras in had that make me look AMAZING! I didn't have to enter the world of level four padding thank god but a little super sizing in the padding department never hurts and she also made me feel very secure with myself. She promised that I am just used to seeing fake boobs everywhere and that a real D is actually smaller than you think. No I am not a D but when I think of a D I think HUGE! I guess I was wrong. Thank you messed up society and your skewed body image.

Pink bag in hand I flung open the door with a huge smile on my face. I ran to my husband and gave him a big hug and said," Guess what? I just saved you soooo much money!" "How is that babe?" "Well I decided you were right. I don't need a boob job. I just need good bras!" "So how did you save money?" "I only spent $177 at Victoria's Secret!" "I saved you like 9 grand!"

So ladies, in a world where you can super size your burger and super size your silicone do yourself a favor; super size your bra. It's a lot cheaper and healthier.



*Seriously just embrace who you are and your natural god given body. We will all be a lot happier if we just  accept who we are and not give into what society thinks is normal. And before I get attacked because that is what girls like to do. Of course if you are deformed, unhappy, have had babies and are severely deflated, etc etc. Do what makes you happy :) I am not against it at all. Just glad I found peace with a good fitting bra and a very "supportive" loving husband.

7 comments:

  1. I love you and your body Ash! Your grew and fed 2 beautiful children and I have to say you look pretty damn good!Your beautiful and don't ever forget that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Juiselle! :) We all know you and I can throw down a good meal and a box a cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh I know this battle but I sit at the other end of the spectrum. I want a reduction/lift. Those backless lil summer tops call my name but these D's say no-no! I'm finally coming into my own "skin". Maybe I need a Vicky's Secret trip :)........oh and I love the pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley. Here is one guys point of view. This town has an abnormal and unhealthy fixation with large breasts. When I first arrived here very naive. I wondered to myself how come there are an inordinate amount of overly endowed women here. Possibly a combination of a number women attracted to the city who are abnormally endowed and a number of women who have had plastic surgery to become abnormally endowed. The first item I will not expound upon. The other thing I noticed is that breasts of a certain size are not attractive in the normal sense but more of a carnival freak show kind of attraction. As in "Oh my God those are freakishly huge!" Then as to some men that are attracted to that type of thing at some point it seems to me that they would begin to fall into the "fetish" category. Such as a person who really goes for midgets or dwarves (PC people of limited stature). Anyway I guess I just wanted to say that a lot of men out there are not interested in that and find a variety of women attractive for personal reasons that are at times uniquely their own. Men are attracted to as many different women as there are women out there. I'm guessing that women are the same. This whole excessive breast thing is just manufactured and leaves many women feeling insecure. Personally breasts are not my thing and don't enter into the equation at all. There are many things I enjoy about a woman and that for me is the least of them. It is an individual preference. There are men out there who don't prefer gargantuan, disproportionately large breasts. While I'm on the topic I would like to say that I am one guy who really appreciates all the work that you ladies do to look as lovely as you ladies do. I know that it's hard work and takes a lot of time sometimes. So trust me when I say it does not go unappreciated or unnoticed. In the end only the one you love matters with regard to that anyway and if they didn't like what they saw they wouldn't have initiated the relationship. So your man was definitely attracted to you and apparently is still very much attracted to you now. That's all that counts. Your breasts did what they were intended for already anyway. Just ask your two kids. Two healthy,happy children. Lol. Hope this wasn't offensive in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL all this talk about by boobs is making me blush...Thanks for the comments! I love all of your honesty, frustrations, thoughts on the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me chuckle.
    At the same time, I relate to the "being smothered by boobs" thing.
    Prior to breastfeeding my little sweetie, my boobs were of normal size, but I always worried they were too small.
    But now that they are almost 2 sizes bigger (and not quite symmetrical any more, although I'm the only one who can tell), I don't know what to do with them, and wonder why on earth I ever thought I was too small before.
    *Sigh* Grass is always greener until you get to the other side, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete