Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TRUTH

 It has come to my attention in a very big way that I offended someone with Super Size My Bra. I would like to set things straight. I did not write that blog post with anyone in mind but myself. I would never write something that was attacking someone else on purpose and on a public forum. For one, that is immature and secondly, that is not who I am. My true friends know that about me.

I wrote this piece in a tongue and cheek tune thinking it would cheer myself up after the rough day that I had. I have always been a writer and that is how I express my feelings. I also thought other women, especially women who have had children, would find humor in this and could relate to it.

With that said, I never once aimed this at anyone in particular. I even stated that it was about myself. I never once said anything bad about getting a breast augmentation. In fact I defended it. If you read this piece correctly you would have gathered that I wanted a boob job but my husband disapproved. Right now if he said go for it, I just might. Being that he said no, this was my way of coming out of a dark cloud and finding happiness and peace within myself. I made it clear that society (by way of TV, ads, music and media) has made most women feel inadequate. Therefore after having children (especially breastfeeding them) our boobs are just not what they used to be. Back in the day (I mean way back) it was fine, that was life and you went on. There was not a huge emphasis placed on chest size way back when. Today there is. Hence why I considered getting one for myself.

If you for some reason read this thinking it was about you it is not. In fact if you actually read this I do not even remotely see how you could think I was aiming this at one person.

I have many girl friends who have breast implants, have had reductions, want a boob job and are even close to getting one. Not one of those girls who read this were offended and never thought twice that I wrote this about them. They enjoyed reading it and found themselves laughing and relating to my busy and stressful day as a stay at home mom who just wants to feel good inside and out.

And lastly, when you tell someone to go read a story and they go into thinking its a negative piece singling you out (because you told them that) of course they will read it with bias and turn my words into what they want so that it ads up to what you told them about it.

I will continue to use this blog to write my feeling, stories, family moments etc. I will continue to write in my style which is often whimsical, humorous and sometimes raw. I will never use this blog or any public forum to disrespect another...especially a friend.

1 comment: